Our group is at the intersection of genomics, biomedical informatics and psychiatry and has two broad research interests.
- Capturing and extracting information to aid in elucidating genetic etiology of behavioral health traits and psychiatric diagnoses
- Utilizing genetics/genomics to understand biological mechanism and interventional strategies of psychiatric disorders
Our group is part of the Division of Genetic Medicine, the Departments of Medicine, Psychiatry and Biomedical Informatics and the Vanderbilt University Medical Center. We are also a member of the Vanderbilt Genetics Institute.
Our lab is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment with respect for all. We recognize that injustice and inequity exist and disproportionately affect communities of color. We strive to continuously be assessing our role and how we can help to promote positive change. To that end we will work to:
- Hire and promote scientists of underrepresented and marginalized groups
- Only participate and organize events and activities that have diverse representation
- Continuously be aware of and discussing inclusive and antiracist ideas and goals
While words are important, we believe that actions are the best way to making progress. With that, we are currently assessing ways that we as a group and as individuals can contribute to equity and antiracist goals. We plan to update this website as we move from planning to action.